Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Eng to IT/game or industrial design?
View Single Post
Old 18-11-2011, 06:36 PM

CyberCannon is on a distinguished road
Default Eng to IT/game or industrial design?

Hi there I am age 19 now, was previously from ITE(aerospace) and now having my first year in poly (Mechatronics). Because of family financial difficulties, I have to pick engineering. Well aerospace is a very promising industry, can secure me at least a comfortable lifestyle, but recently I found out that engineering is pretty dead to me. I prefer jobs that enable me to create or design either an animation or product which is cool IMO. Not wearing coverall and stuff dealing with wires, reading manual and following the instruction. I prefer some challenge!

Initially, I wanted to went on to game and development after my secondary school days(normal Technical), but the course offered by ITE is higher nitec(i can only take Nitec courses).

What I plan was to finish my Mechatronics course and work/part time study for either IT/ game development industry or the industrial design industry which I am deciding right now...

Can anyone advise me on which industry I can pick that can secure me a comfortable life for my family in future?

Also are there even a chance of me switching to IT/game development or production design industry?

I am an optimistism, so nothing is hard. Don't tell me that IT and design industry have long working hours bla bla bla... cause I am someone that passion can overcome everything! =)

Thank you for reading my whiny essay, Do hope for some valuable advise here rather than flaming =)
Cheers!
cyber!

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app