Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ignore the troll. I’m a SG qualified junior lawyer and was relocated to London by a US firm as the same PQE I was in SG. I wouldn’t say it was easy but your chances increase if (a) your practice area is in banking/M&A/funds/cap markets (b) you’re in a B4/international firm in SG and (c) you’ve a FCH or its equivalent from a SG university or you’re from Oxbridge.

As you’ll have to compete against other English qualified lawyers in the UK market who cost less to hire (if they do not require visa sponsorship), you need to think about your strengths and what you can bring to the table (eg mandarin speaking skills, high level of deal exposure).

You’ll be questioned on your motivations for moving abroad. Also be prepared to be grilled on your technicals during interviews as the partners need to assess your level of familiarity of the European market.
This story is very common nowadays so I won't call BS except for one part - "as the same PQE I was in SG". Talk to any recruiter and they will start laughing in your face if you say you want to get this. To put this another wat, you're basically saying you're a SG lawyer who got a 1.5 PQE promotion at the point of hiring. This doesn't happen. PQE cuts happen for a reason - because it's fair.