Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with him fully. Some of the non-constructive posts here are regrettable.

There isn't much substance to NUS 2:1 "elitism". Seriously, grow up. No one at the Bar cares whether you're NUS, SMU, KCL, Bristol, Hull or Leeds. There are also many, many metrics by which you can measure academic competence.

Even then, academic competence does not necessarily translate to practical competence. You are a practitioner. Not a textbook author (though, some practitioners are also very, very strong academically, but I am just making a point). Your clients come to you for practical and commercial advice, not a law school essay on what a leading academic says.

From the client's perspective - you write an essay, you're out. I don't pay you to give me an essay you wrote in your first semester of law school. I pay you to give me what I want.

This forum should reflect a profession, not a school or a playground. The theatrics here is embarrassing.

I'm not even sure if some of these trolls even took the oath to uphold the law seriously. With the oath in mind, I don't ever think it is approriate to comment on how the upskirt photo was acceptable (referring to the post above in the last few pages). Did you even think before posting?

On the degeneration of this forum into political divides by the trolls, why do you even care? What does someone's political beliefs matter to you? Arsenal, Man U, Man City, PAP, WP?

What's it to you, so much do that you need to come and post anonymously about your Facebook friends supporting a certain political party? Why is it "brown nosing" to express your political beliefs?

Are you really so narrow minded that any support for a view contrary to yours is "brown nosing"? Is there no reasonable degree of freedom of expression in Singapore?

This will also my last post on this thread. If it changes your mindset, my time isn't wasted. But I pity the fools who remain entrenched in propagating stupidity and nonsense, and who waste their time with perceived elitism and misogyny.

I bet NUS rejected u that’s why u sour