Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary?
View Single Post
Old 24-08-2021, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
BO = back office in bank
CF = corporate finance

I think some posts back someone asked about whether or not it is possible to jump from BO to FO short answer is yes, but you have to be willing to forgo all your exp and start from scratch (worth it since FO pay is usually very high)

for me I networked very aggressively, joined a lot of recreation clubs in the bank, volunteered, blah blah. Also went to take cfa. Was lucky enough to get a referral to try out corporate finance. From there it is pure hard work and grind. And once again aggressive networking if you're looking to move in FO in the bank as most of these roles rely on recommendations from people.
also to add back in 2017 when I changed job I was offered a BO role in a foreign bank with about 4.8k but I chose the lower pay at big 4 because I knew I didn't want to stay stuck in BO role. It was a "pay cut" to take and my working hours doubled (4/5am nights and many weekends were common) but I can say that hard work does pay off eventually if u have a clear goal of what you wanna do eventually