Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Cybersecurity/Info security career
View Single Post
Old 24-08-2021, 09:00 PM

cyberbible is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There's a few categories of cyber-security jobs that pays above 300k per year.

1) top sales in cybersecurity for a region. Usually the top sales guys or management level for a region and above. Else, average is 100k to 200k+. Again, this is for global tech companies.
2) top presales for cybersecurity in a region. Most presales are 100k-200k once again. You're usually the top guy in the region in the company for a global tech organisation.
3) engineering. Usually top person in a regional or global team for a large tech company.

There's varying pay, but usually the bigger region you cover, the more prestigious company you work for, and being the go to person inside the company usually can get 300k+.

Most of these jobs, in fact, I have gotten around 5 offers above 300k, and all are via headhunters who work for these large tech or large cybersecurity companies. Interviews are generally very hard and need to spend a lot of time on it. Feel free to ask any other questions and I'll try to give my perspective.
1) How many years of experience do you have (maybe can elaborate on your role progression)?
2) What certs do you have and which one open the most doors for you (other than CISSP)?
3) You mentioned that interviews are generally very hard, can you elaborate more on the interviews, what kind of questions should one expect?