Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Business vs Engineering Degree
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Millionaire Member

Wiseman1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootnick View Post
damn you guys are awesome with the responses thanks so much!

@Wiseman1:

Haha while Business seems like an easy 16 hour work week, there are alot of projects and presentations that will add on to the hours. I know this because my friends in the course are facing with a heavy backlog of projects on top of their exams. So I suppose the hours are comparable to that of an engine student?

As far as I know only NTU has a 3 years honors programme. For SMU it's 4 but I have heard stories of people condensing all their modules into 2.5 years, at the expense of all other rest time.

You're right about the girls though.. haha..

@local grad doing IB dude:

Well I should consider what I do best then and enroll into that. You're right in a way, no point doing something I'm bad at even if it's a "good" degree because that isn't what employers want anyway.

MBA wise, I think I'll draw a study loan or beg my parents for money to sign up for one immediately after I graduate. Should take advantage of my sharpened mind after 4 years of education huh?
My friend, doing project work and presentations add alot more value and provide good training for much needed soft skills in the working world....this is any time better than spending time on endless mugging which Engineering courses (especially NTU) is notorious for. You are still better off in terms of hours

I am speaking from experience....I came from the business school. I compare myself wif my counterparts from Engineering, I think I beat them hands down in terms of communications and presentations skills anytime...

Engineers are trained to be very good with doing the ground work, the leg work, but they are not trained to be "visible", to showcase their work, to network and interact with senior management....this is the way if you want to climb the corporate ladder quickly (no offence to Engineers but this is a fact)