Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Cybersecurity/Info security career
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2021, 02:13 PM

minamikaze1 is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for sharing!
Would you be able to also share what type of roles/responsibilities would the ~300k indiv contributor jobs cover? Solutions architect role? Presales? Or highly specialized, highly technical roles?
Also, is the 300k just base salary? Or annual package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm the 300k guy...

I'll be frank and upfront about the opportunities above 300k so you can perhaps inspire toward my path. All offers I get are above 300k. These offers are only possible for global tech companies covering regions, usually asean or entire apjc. For local companies, they will quote that I am too young for such a salary, or that I'm too expensive. Usually 300k and above is 15+ years tenure for local companies and is managing a large team of cyber-security folks.

At global tech companies, 50/50 to be individual contributor or to manage a large team of very smart and talented individuals at this salary range.

Usually they dont care about nationality at this level, but care about your ability to solve very tough problems that has not yet been solved or has very little people who can solve it at a regional level.

Each job opening has more than 200+ applications across the region. So you're competing with people who are very good at English, very good at getting certified, very smart, knows matrix organisation, can make very difficult concepts easy to understand, and can solve large scale complex problems.

How to get such a job? Update your LinkedIn, get certification like drinking water, be articulate, stay sharp all the time and always be there when needed. All my offers are via headhunters directly from the companies.