Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2021, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
One thing you never do especially in pte practice is to deny a patient an investigation they want and are willing to pay for.

You term this being a referrologist?

There is a reason why guidelines are called guidelines. Because that's what they are. They are no law or rules. Dont believe me?

If a patient insists on an MRI and you deny them thay saying by guidelines they do not deserve one and later on they find another dr who does it an they find a rhabdomyosarcoma in the psoas miscle and they decide to complain to SMC ans sue the first doctor who denied the MRI see what happens when you try to quote guidelines.

Hindsight is 20/20.

There is no medal for saving the "healthcare system" cost and waste. No bonus either. But you run the risk or missing things. How likely? Probably not. But when it is not a common ground you have reached with a patient who wants the test you will be disciplined accordingly as per the hindsight 20/20 guideline.

Wait till you kena. You will change your tune.
And just FYI I practise in multiple FM settings so I am well familiar with the type of patients encountered in various settings.