Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - My Salary Advice
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread.

My situation is about the same as yours with abt 3 years of software development + 2 years of IT support in a public listed local SME. I did a change from hardware to software development in my 3rd year of work. I'm 31 years old and drawing salary slightly above you and I'm a Diploma holder currently pursuing a IT degree.

Recently I'm approached by my ex-colleague who is working in a company which is of lower scale than my current company and is non-public listed. The reason why he approached me is because we worked together before in my current company and he knows that I have good working attitude, can work independently as well as team player.

Both companies are in the same industry and are located in the same town area. The good thing about this new company is everything can be developed from scratch but budget wise might be a constraint. This is not the case for my current SME company.

I was offered a package above $4k and I hesitated because of the lower scale + budget concern. Any bros out there can give advices on dealing with this situation?

Thanks in advance.