Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - For those with 2-5 YOE, what is your salary?
View Single Post
Old 15-08-2021, 06:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Im not that guy but my two cents:

That’s cause you’re like comparing against the median. We tend to mix around those who are more comparable to ourselves in education and earning power. If you’re from a local uni then all your classmates are from local uni and there will be a tendency to “forget” about the rest of the world cause they aren’t in your life.

The “survive” part I guess is not meant to be taken literally but more figuratively. When you are the lowest earner in your social group and you get snubbed/looked down upon yes it does feel like we are just trying to “survive” in this dog eat dog world.

Yes it’s not sensitive to those struggling to put food on the table or worrying about their next meal, but please take things in context, this is salary.sg after all and most people here from my conversations tend to be minimally a second upper or first class looking for top tier opportunities.
I highly doubt earning 5k+ after exactly 2 years of graduating puts you as the lowest earner of your social group. As to your point on a dog eat dog world - yes, but that’s more on competition for higher statuses rather than survival. If OP belongs to the former, his/her post was poorly phrased.

Salary.SG is an anonymous forum and probably half the salaries reported here are either just hearsay or fake. That said, most of the more believable salaries discussed here (in this thread and in other posts) don’t seem to post towards mediocrity if one earns >5k after 2 years.