Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much to ask for starting pay for those graduating in 2021?
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2021, 11:00 AM
job seeking grad

Red face depends on industry (i'm from mktg comms industry)

if you are from science/computing/accountant industry 3k may be ideal but for marketing/hr/mass comm, 2.5-2.8k is prolly the range you are looking for. (as of 2021 adjusted due to pandemic)

I am a private U grad and don't have much experience plus considering the pandemic, I value myself at 2.5k to compete with the big 4 students. However I have received some that offer up to 3.5k but it's a one month job as opposed to full time.

Some will have benefits (MC, dental, mobile phone allowance, AWS) with lower pay, some will pay off-in-lieu instead of OT, some will pay higher but no benefits or OT.

It's all about striking a balance here, corporate (big) companies tend to have more politics whereas SMEs market themselves as a 'fun' and 'close-knitted' company (tho whether they truly are remains to be seen). But SMEs/factory tend to pay less.

Given how there is a shortage of jobs in marketing rn because according to an agent, marketing is thr first to go in a pandemic/economic depression, if you are a mktg grad like me you might wanna consider taking up short admin asst assignments or sales to tide through and switch when times get better.

There would likely be a surge of jobs for mktg and related industries when our economy goes back to normal in the 'recovery' phase as companies would prolly be aggressively marketing to compete with competitors (once they ensure their survival they will aim to win their competitor, consider the Maslow's hierachy of needs).