Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just to chip in too. I think every teacher will be assigned different duties throughout the year. I can honestly say that it's really hard to ensure equal workload among all teachers (for absolute fairness). Kinda impossible. Exam duties are still manageable tbh.

Maybe to put forth a more balanced argument...I have worked with enough KPs to see that there are many who do not show good examples of themselves in terms of being a leader.

Example? One of my colleagues was threatened just for providing simple feedback during a school wide meeting (to help and streamline certain workflow processes) by his RO. That KP saw it as creating trouble for all school staff.

More examples?

"I old already...You're younger so you should do it"

"I dunno anything about technology...Can you do it instead"

"This task is to groom you to help your career progression" (don't even know if this will materialise)

Not that we don't wish to help or learn. But the above really sounds like excuses to me. If they really feel so old or poorly skilled, shouldn't they just get out of their position and let others take it instead?

However I have also met A FEW who are really competent and are willing to guide or even work together with you towards a common goal. For these KPs, they impressed me enough for me to work hard under them, and even FOR them.

Example? I had one that prepares and gives instructions for work in advance, and periodically checks in if people under him need help. He listens to feedback and is willing to try out new ideas. Unlike some who throw work last minute without guidance and any mistake made, that poor particular teacher is held accountable.
Very true.

Sometimes, KP arrow ppl to do things, they themselves never do before or cannot do.
But if KP never do before, they cannot guide properly. best if they dun guide sometimes, else makes things worse ...