Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Can I start new employment while serving notice
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't really find website on MOM disallow ppl work dual employment.
Mainly is your current employment contract typically prohibits you to take on other job. Do have a written approval or memo from current company to endorse your actions. But i dont think companies will want to give that to you, esp Stats Board.

For the company you going to, you must declare as well and get official acknowledgement.

Ref: mom.gov.sg/covid-19/second-job-arrangements

Overview
Employees can take on a second job, unless there are:

Prohibitions in their current employment contract from taking on other forms of work; and/or
Conflict of interest with their current employment.
If (a) and/or (b) are present:

Employees should discuss and clarify with both employers should there be conflict of interest or conflict in work scheduling.
Employers should be considerate and supportive towards employees’ circumstances during this period. Employers are encouraged to waive contractual prohibitions against taking on a second job and help employees resolve conflicts of interest where possible given that they initiated the reduced work hours and reduced salaries to save costs.
Employees should ensure that they are able to take on both jobs without compromising the interests of each employer and be transparent in terms of the requirements of both jobs to their employers. This would help to prevent downstream disputes over work schedules, salaries and other employment benefits.
Thanks, current employer rejected the idea today.

10chars