Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - UBS Financial Services Industry Academy
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1. Trainees in this program are not supposed to expect conversion. It is outright clear that it is for upskilling and not for retainment. Even the courses prepared are to improve their employability. HOWEVER, a number of trainees HAVE been converted by UBS. The hiring managers know more about the trainees than you do so stay where you are. Why are you so uptight about BBs? It's just a general term with no definitive list. It's not relevant info in this case.

2. UBS does not bother investing in the trainees? Do you even have any idea what is prepared within the program? It's clear that you don't. You think these people come to office, fetch coffee, do data entry and go home.

3. You started mentioning BB which is totally irrelevant. Would you hire a douchebag just because he was from a BB FO?

4. This thread should be shut down because of people like you who are just here to attack trainees in the program. There are plenty of posts by people who claimed to be attending. Some may be true, some may not be. But what is 100% true that you're as clueless and anyone else who have not attended the program. I came here to see what the program is about but all I got was a bunch of nonsense.

5. THEN TELL THEM PRIVATELY HAHA. It's beyond me that you're so bothered about those trainees. I already said I agree with you 100%. They shouldn't mislead others/themselves as FT roles. So what now? Our next course of action to b!tch about it here? You fckin man mode.
"The work done is mostly ops and menial paper work anyway."
You're not even a UBS employee yet you can say this for sure for the entire group of trainees. What a fool.

Ok la my PS angry already I need to go force prep fml
1. Again, so how many have been in the program, how many converted, and how many left before the program ends? I’m not uptight about BB. You’re the one who is uptight when I mentioned UBS is a Low-tier BB (if it is even considered a BB at this point). Btw, have you looked up the meaning of BB?

2. Again, so what have you learned? Enough to earn more than $2500? And what do you do exactly? The same things as real IBs and WMs earning upwards of 6k after grad? Yup, sit down.

3. Why are you so upset? Regardless, I’ll answer your question. Yes - of course I’ll hire a BB FO over someone who is only good enough for a traineeship (and has close to zero eq acting as like they are FO bankers lol).

4. So are you telling me that those posts quoted by others a few days back aren’t true? That subconsciously the people in UBS aren’t approving of the program, they don’t think highly of these trainees and that the opportunities and conversion rate are close to nothing?

5. Calm down, you are probably part of the shameless bunch, but is there really a need to all caps? First of all, I’m not the poster(s) who outed the linkedin profiles earlier. Secondly, I don’t have to be a UBS employee to know what they do. From word of mouth (have a few friends in the trading desks @ 9 Penang Road) and reading posts by your alumni here is good enough. Do you seriously think they are running deals and talking to clients? Please.

Btw, why are you dodging questions in my previous post and instead opting to present moot arguments? If people aren’t convinced of the waning reputation of UBS and its traineeship program, I’m sure they are now judging by what I can only assume are your senseless “defenses”. “Fcking man mode”, “PS angry”. If you are unaware, MD wouldn’t supplement high-income earners remuneration unless they are KAH. In other words, if you are indeed a FO banker earning big bucks, it’s likely that you wouldn’t get called back if you are not a KAH.