Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - On Margin Call for Property
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Margin call your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
Mark my words - there will be a 30% or more drop in property prices within 5-yrs.

Current lvls are unsustainable by every fundamental measure. And with the world on the cusp of a liquidity crisis, the liquidity argument has limited life.

I've been in the global markets business for 20yrs and I've seldom been as clear about anything as I'm about this.
Used saliva to mark? Pui.

30% drop? Come on, you can do better than that with your so called global markets business for 20yrs. You are not even sure in which segments of the properties market will be impact and you dare to put across 30%. Please, don't say that without any justification and analysis. In properties markets, there are few segment which would be impact, but I would think the no. would be hovering around 5% to 8% drop. Those are in the commercial and industrial sectors. Residential sectors (private) would not be affected much except for landed properties at near city location. Suburban leasehold will be able to maintain at present psf.

My advice to already committed owner, to keep your job and continue to service your properties loan, don't rush into such unjustified speculation that was is happening in US and Europe will affect your properties price. Those are just coffee shop uncle speculation.

HDB flats resales price will continue to rise, until 2008. However, if our population reaches 7 million by then, it will continue the momentun.