Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - UBS Financial Services Industry Academy
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1. How many trainees are in each batch and how many gets converted? Or rather, how many remain till the completion of the “program”? On a global scale doesn’t help your argument at all. Do you even know what’s a BB? HSBC and SC are both on a global scale - are they considered BBs?

2. Your point here literally negates what you have said earlier - which again shows that the bank does not bother investing in trainees because they do not have intentions to retain. UBS is not a NGO, they have SHs to answer to. That said, just to entertain you - what have you learned? Is it enough for you to gain employment at UBS FT? I doubt it.

3. A null point. Seems like you’re just whining. Come to terms with reality and just get better.

4. There are plenty of posts from your seniors (some asked/requested by the incoming batch earlier this year). Whether they are genuine or not, I believe you have some common sense to arrive at your own conclusion. Regardless, if you are dismissing claims because they are anonymous - then shouldn’t this thread be shut down? Given your logic, no one should take any posts here seriously. If that’s the case, why are you still here? And why did you bother conjuring up a reply (albeit uninformed)?

5. Who said that you can’t tell people that you are a trainee in whichever division? The problem is most people omit “TRAINEE” and act as if they are FO full-timers. Just put what is stated in your contract - which is UBS Super Trainee (12-month contract). The work done is mostly ops and menial paper work anyway.

People with IB/GWM titles actually have job contracts which regurgitate them btw. They did not just click apply and join hundreds of fellow trainees earning $2500.
1. Trainees in this program are not supposed to expect conversion. It is outright clear that it is for upskilling and not for retainment. Even the courses prepared are to improve their employability. HOWEVER, a number of trainees HAVE been converted by UBS. The hiring managers know more about the trainees than you do so stay where you are. Why are you so uptight about BBs? It's just a general term with no definitive list. It's not relevant info in this case.

2. UBS does not bother investing in the trainees? Do you even have any idea what is prepared within the program? It's clear that you don't. You think these people come to office, fetch coffee, do data entry and go home.

3. You started mentioning BB which is totally irrelevant. Would you hire a douchebag just because he was from a BB FO?

4. This thread should be shut down because of people like you who are just here to attack trainees in the program. There are plenty of posts by people who claimed to be attending. Some may be true, some may not be. But what is 100% true that you're as clueless and anyone else who have not attended the program. I came here to see what the program is about but all I got was a bunch of nonsense.

5. THEN TELL THEM PRIVATELY HAHA. It's beyond me that you're so bothered about those trainees. I already said I agree with you 100%. They shouldn't mislead others/themselves as FT roles. So what now? Our next course of action to b!tch about it here? You fckin man mode.
"The work done is mostly ops and menial paper work anyway."
You're not even a UBS employee yet you can say this for sure for the entire group of trainees. What a fool.

Ok la my PS angry already I need to go force prep fml