Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - On Margin Call for Property
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 08:55 PM
hedgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margin call your head View Post
Bye bye to you then. If you think the forest is greener outside.

You thinking is quite childish, I am surpised. Every time a policy change by the so called "poorer" countries, then you have to pack your bags and move again ? Hello, please wake up.

Your roots is here, so better make full use of it. Every people buy flats, so why not. It will never drop to zero, not like shares of other investments. The worst you will still got a roof over your head. Who ask you to borrow the max? Only senseless ppl will do so. Be frugal in your lifestyle, pay off your debt as soon as possible and go for other properties (if affordable). Stop procastinating about going to developing countries, you think the security is better than Sg, think twice. Do you think the international school is better than Sg neighbourhood schools, think again.

Be realistic about what you have and not what you want to have.
Mark my words - there will be a 30% or more drop in property prices within 5-yrs.

Current lvls are unsustainable by every fundamental measure. And with the world on the cusp of a liquidity crisis, the liquidity argument has limited life.

I've been in the global markets business for 20yrs and I've seldom been as clear about anything as I'm about this.