Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - UBS Financial Services Industry Academy
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That is pretty much the same case as banks all seek to minimize costs. Cutting back infrastructure support, manpower resources, rather stick to the archaic system of doing things than to embrace tech, etc.

in all honesty, which other Bank offers this kinda programme with such a low barrier to entry?
As far as I remember, the (real) aim of this programme was for UBS to "give back" to SG, since back in 2020 employment demand virtually hit rock bottom due to COVID19. More like UBS was/is trying to gain brownie points w/ the govt. And i quote from the official press release
"...... equip trainees with skills and experiences that would be valuable as Singapore's recovery phase begins following the Covid-19 pandemic.
The initiative is aligned with the workforce development priorities of the Monetary Authority of Singapore, it added."

Most of the replies here were basically suggesting the trainees treated like cheap labour, underpaid and not being able to be work on "exciting" tasks, second-class employees, etc.
With all due respect, for all of the above anyone with a quarter of a brain could see this coming from a mile.

I am working in a Bank as well, and have been in the banking industry coming 8 years. My post is not to put anyone in this programme down but rather, to highlight to you the reality v.s. expectations. It's not wrong to have expectations - i.e. the possibility of conversion but you need to weigh your options carefully. Always be on a look out for other better job prospects man..
Truth part 2