Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Watching Millionaire Inside
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Wealth Journey---

Default 2037

Yes, though it might sound very stupid at first .. but for people who lack motivation or have limiting self-beliefs, it is sometimes good to be open to those free preview seminars and learnt what those speakers have to say.

I'm like most people who basically lacks motivation and had self-limiting beliefs in my early years. What turned me around was I started to attend those free seminars (try to pick those with known personality - Dont go to success seminar where the personality is not even successful). The definition of success if you aspire to be a milliionaire, the person must be a millionaire. I believe this 'coz it's similar in every sports. Example, you want to improve your game of POOL. Try to play with better players and benchmark against them. I'm sure your pool game will improve.

From the seminar, you get rough ideas of what they are saying and they drop mentioned of books they read.
Most of the motivation books I picked up first was thru the mention from seminars. So I got the typical ones but that was good enough.

1) The Cashflow Quandrant (Rich Dad Poor Dad series)
2) Awaken the Giant (Anthony Robbins)
3) Master Your Mind, Designed Your Destiny (Adam Khoo)

My motivation level will fall most times but I just have to re-condition myself. Though sticking around positive people does have an influence on your mental state. But don't be overly confident/optimistic till you believe you can jump onto the road anytime and not get killed.

Sam, if you believe you can relate better to underdog, You can try Adam Khoo. His story is of an underdog making it big and successful.