Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2021, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

Do the few panel law firms in SG generally have a good rep?

I just finished my 3 month probation and my team is just amazing. So much so that I constantly live in fear that it's a trap.

I go to work at 10.30 - 11am though my official start time is 9am. Nobody says anything but I always felt it was because I work through the night, on weekends and also stay overnight at office when I feel like my work is piling up.

The big boss of the firm came and spoke with me ytd at my desk and asked me to learn to pace myself, spend time with my family and make sure I dont burn out. He also implied he doesnt approve of working at my maximum all the time and this should be reserved got emergencies.

I've got a **** ton of work tho but seemingly a great deal of space to cope with it how I feel best.
Like if you are good and can finish 12 hours of work in 6 hours, can use the rest to have life.

I used to work for chinatown law firms and this firm immediately matched what I felt was 'high', idk if I generally lowball myself but I felt this firm has treated me the most reasonable pay wise out of the 6 previous firms I worked for. I'm in litigation and from the 'new' local uni, mid career switch.

I feel like I'm not good enough to take up their culture because I'm slow and a perfectionist, so have to keep putting in the hours on the side. But what I'm more interested in is, does anyone have any views on or heard anything on the grapevine for bonuses/pay increment got the major panel insurer facing firms in singapore?

Doing the mid career switch really hurt my finances and though I cannot ask anyone I know personally, it would be appreciated if I could get a sense of whether I hope for some financial recovery from firms like these. I'm not looking for big4, Corp pay. I like litigation and am happy with that pay scale.