Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
  #3808 (permalink)  
Old 23-07-2021, 11:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
NUS fresh grad. I first received a keen to process application from LTA (in verbatim their HR said I passed the interviews and will get the job, subject to medical and reference checks), then a verbal offer from HDB - to reply in a week. I'm more keen on LTA, but their HR indicated they will only be able to get back to me with an actual verbal offer end next week - which it after HDB's one week reply period. Both SBs will be offering about the same salary. In this case is it safe that I reject HDB in favour of a pending LTA offer?
You can try to request HDB to give you one more week extension. Or tell LTA HR frankly you have another offer and need a quicker confirmation saying you prefer LTA. Alternatively, accept HDB first and when LTA comes, just say sorry to HDB and do so before you sign appt letter. I know it is not nice to do so, but you have to consider your own future sometimes. I believe HR is quite used to such things. If all donít work, then just take the risk of rejecting HDB and pray no surprises from LTA. All the best.
Reply With Quote