Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 22-07-2021, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Look at firms like Milbank, MoFo etc
I don’t see lawyers from b4 ending up there
Agree with OP that the B&M corporate teams may not be as renowned as that at WP/A&G.

Despite so, it’s worthwhile noting that B&M has a decent international brand name (this is where the international tie-up is helpful but must be contrasted w DRD LOL!) Big 4 associates tend to lateral to magic circle firms, and it’s more rare for them to land a US/white shoe/mid-Atlantic role directly from a Big 4 firm (albeit such associates do exist e.g. in Latham, Gunderson and Sidley but are like unicorns and you have to be somewhat of a star associate).

B&M has a good track record of associates directly lateraling to MoFo, Sidley Austin, Milbank etc in certain corporate departments - just go onto the LinkedIn page of each of these firms and change the location to SG to have a look if you’re interested!

I would caveat that US firms in Singapore may require you to be called to the UK/NY bar to be paid the Cravath/new Milbank scale so that’s just food for thought.

2021 has been a hot year for lateral corporate hires from Big 4/ lower tier international firms in SG to MC/US firms in HK and London (with just the SG bar qualification). To my knowledge, such lateral associates in London based US firms would receive the full Cravath scale (barring firms like Jones Day, W&C, etc which are more of a “black box” compensation model). If you’re happy relocating, no harm shooting out an application to try! An added benefit is that the US firm pay war is now leading most UK firms in London to increase comp packages as well