Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need a reality check: CS-related
View Single Post
Old 19-07-2021, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadguy View Post
I've definitely heard the notion of "Skills > Degree", and that having one is jsut used as a stepping stone to snagging an interview, thank you guys for confirming that. I'm actually currently matriculating in SUTD and looking to get into ISTD, which I hear is a CS pillar but more of a "jack-of-all-trades" teaching style e.g. no possible mods to get a more in-depth education on algos.

Thank you for going into the specifics of what I should take note. Knowing what you said, will be doing my best to bump up my GPA while I'm in university in hopes of achieving that level of prowess. Do you have any clue what the market for Quant Traders are like in SG? Because it doesn't seem to really exist(following various searches on Google), and seems to be very big FI focused, particularly in the US.
If you mean developers in trading firms, they make a lot more than Facebook, Google at the start. But maybe even harder to get in.

However they dont hire a lot, maybe 1-2 people a year only for fresh grads

You can easily make 10k+ a month (with bonueses) joining these firms as fresh grad

Some of these firms include: Grasshoper, Jane Street, DRW, Jump Trading