Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need a reality check: CS-related
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2021, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi

21 is a young age after ORD, you can always try out SIT, SUTD, SUSS or even SIM studying UOW, i heard there's a choice to study your final year in Australia and this will lower your expenses too.

TBH, tech company don care about your degree from where as long as you have the passion and passes the tech interview

Lastly if you die die have to go to Australia, did u consider applying other Aus uni?

The tech uni in Aus are quite good and a little lower cost too. To name a few, QUT, UTS, RMIT..

UNSW is not known for it's IT degree... if ranking does play a part, you might just wanna consider the GO8 unis.....

My 2cts as I spent 10 years in Australia after ORD. Studied engineering in TP got 1.5 years advance standing

Real Tech company don't really care about your degree. They trust their interview and technical test more than they trust your degree. However degree is important to get the interview though, otherwise a good github portfolio is equally as good. GLHF

Note that only top tier/above average CS professional are well paid. The rest are averagely paid as other people in the different industry. Singapore tech scene is mostly sales tech (thats why is see abundance of BA/SA/PM role but little software engineer role). For hardcore coding/software engineering better to look for other country like israel/US/UK or china