Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need a reality check: CS-related
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2021, 07:35 PM

sadguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkingfeeling View Post
Need to be realistic

If I am not wrong, Ben Leong already said tech industry in SG oversaturated . Not to mention cheaper better faster

Just accept your lot in life
Thank you for sharing this! I'll be taking great consideration of that fact before further proceeding with any decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
See how much u like to gamble. Overseas uni not that useful if it's not ivy league or top tier schools.

Best option u go local and try switch major to computer science right after first year.
I will be attempting that to the best of my ability if I were to go with the local path. Cost savings will be huge and definitely a life saver. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurlInTech View Post
Yea its possible that market forces might drive the average salary down due to the surge in number of people pursuing tech. Ben Leong also said that the best will still be paid really well. To reach there takes a lot of effort and some luck bah. You can read his article https://www.techinasia.com/talk/engineers-strike

Everyone has their own set of problems and worries, and my biggest worry is that I might lose my job someday
Thank you for sharing the article! Just had a good read and it does make sense. High ROI would've definintely been a great reason to pursue my studies overseas but that might just have to put all of that hold on. Reality is cruel

You definitely seem to be doing well in the industry so I doubt you will haha