Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 16-07-2021, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If the job posting on the CG website closes on the end of the month for example, does that mean HR will wait till then to only start processing and shortlisting interviewees.

Or if let's say the job posting closes on the 20th July, then I apply on the 17th July (so very close to the end date) does that it is possible that they have already shortlisted candidates and might have chosen someone for the job. So the chances of me being shortlisted is low because there might already be someone selected for the position. Does this make sense?
Yes, there are times where i am called up for interviews before the application closes, so i try to apply as early as i can if i really like the job. For some, i am also rejected within days of application, which tells i either failed the robot check, or hr does screen as they come in.

Today i was called up for 2nd interview but i saw they have also reposted the job recently, so i see it as still looking out for the best candidate if they are in no hurry to fill it. So likely it depends really on the hiring manager and urgency.