Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles in accenture singapore
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
New engg grad here with little exp in coding, tbh, I feel like the salary that ACN offers; 4k+$400 allowance is a lot for a fresh grad. About 90% of my peers in engineering roles are offered abt 3.2k~3.8k as a fresh grad. It's hard to find a company that accepts people with no technical background in IT and pay a lot. Furthermore, my parents earning $2k+/mth for 20 over years without promotion, is it weird that I feel it's okay to just stay content with $4k forever? Feel it's more than enough for me.

That said, I'm interested in applying for the Technology Analyst program but here are some of my concerns:
1) Anyone (with or without IT experience in ACN) ever experience imposter syndrome?
2) I'm fine with OT-ing on the weekdays. But can't be out of 20 working days, everyday need to OT right? Even on the weekends?
3) We will be thrown into whatever projects that needs manpower, but what are some of the actual work done daily? Making slides? User Acceptance Testing?
4) Any advice if I should go for the program or what skills I need to be able to perform decently in a tech field? (coding?)

Still don't know what a Technology Analyst (with no exp) does. It's either this or applying for a traineeship. Sorry for the long post.
1) Definitely. I'm with experience and I feel those without experience and not learning fast enough taking up way lesser workload, take a long time to get things done.
2) Let's just say, in a year I OTed every single week (everyone in my team does).
Worst was 3 months straight, every single day OT average 2hrs, worse would be 7 to 9 hours on a single day.
3) Some TAP people gets thrown to do development. Without experience, they suffer.
4) No comments.