Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - GIC (Government of Singapore Investment Corporation)
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 03:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks so much! Appreciate it! I see, normally what are your hours on a normal day, is it constantly more than 12?! Can I ask why private is more busy as well? Seems like their portfolio heavier on public so wanted to know why. Thanks a lot!
Nobody makes you stay more than the usual number of hours - and people do go off on time. But there are many who want to stay because of the interesting work.

Interesting that you would ask that. Private deals need to be structured, and data is often limited - which means you have to work that extra hard for valuation/risk/leverage/strategy decisions.

Public is definitely higher in volume, but public-side products are either exchange/OTC, and data is freely and readily available for all insti market participants. Public ops teams are busy, but there will hardly be any structuring like in private.

Let me put it this way: you'll think and research more about PC parts when buying and assembling your own PC; as compared to just buying a ready-made from Dell