Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2021, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, I'm very sick and tired of the hospital system and wish to venture somewhere else. Medical or non medical related. I studied in the UK and came back about 2 years ago. I can't seem to find myself doing this for the rest of my life. I have tried to apply for a residency but unfortunately didn't get selected. Because of that I'm kind of depressed and wondering if I can do something else altogether. I know it will waste my 5 years of medical training and all but I believe this is for the best. I was thinking of Australia as an option to further my medical career but I can't bear to leave my family behind as well. I also want to settle down and be capable of feeding my family (especially after the wrong decision of spending half a million studying medicine) . Any senior advice will be very much appreciated. I'm quite stuck and not sure what I should do next. Should I locum? Where to locum? Open a GP clinic? But that needs a lot of capital too.
Are you able to share why you are jaded with the system? Is it because of the long working hours? And 30 hours shift?

Do you know how long more will it takes for you to get your medical license?