Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Private Banking Salaries
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Broker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your numbers dun even make sense. You say those 5yrs exp & below make <3k, but suddenly those in late 30s (I assume 10 - 15 yrs exp) make >20k. So a typical guy joins as private banker for the 1st 5 years as a loser who can't even make 3k and suddenly in the next 10 years become superstar rise to >20k?

While many junior private bankers do play a more support role, because of the complexity of the products as well as the type of client they are dealing with, it requires far more technical and soft skills expertise compared to a normal fresh graduate executive that make easily $3k+. No way anyone's gona stay as a private banker up to 5 years for <3k and 2 months bonus.

Are you sure you not confusing private banker with salesman (aka consumer banker / wealth banker)?
I think he's saying that fresh grads draw less than 3k la..and those less than 5 yrs exp oso not paid well. For everyone's info, I won't even consider assistant RM/relationship officer to be "junior private banker". Becos bankers draw commission, but the assistant does not. That explains why the "junior private banker" is drawing crap while the private banker is making big bucks. Hope this clarifies..