Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 28-06-2021, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, I'm very sick and tired of the hospital system and wish to venture somewhere else. Medical or non medical related. I studied in the UK and came back about 2 years ago. I can't seem to find myself doing this for the rest of my life. I have tried to apply for a residency but unfortunately didn't get selected. Because of that I'm kind of depressed and wondering if I can do something else altogether. I know it will waste my 5 years of medical training and all but I believe this is for the best. I was thinking of Australia as an option to further my medical career but I can't bear to leave my family behind as well. I also want to settle down and be capable of feeding my family (especially after the wrong decision of spending half a million studying medicine) . Any senior advice will be very much appreciated. I'm quite stuck and not sure what I should do next. Should I locum? Where to locum? Open a GP clinic? But that needs a lot of capital too.
Go work at Polyclinic and have a lifelong job as a Family Physician. Would be the best option for you looking at what you wrote.