Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2021, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello to all aspiring engineers/technicians

for those who wanna become a aircraft engineer/tech, this is a dying trade. pay is like ****, irregular hours. new modern aircraft like the B787, A350 requires lesser man hours of maintenance as compared to last time. lesser man hours of maintenance means lesser money for companies that deals with maintenance of aircraft. E.g SIAEc.

the path to become a aircraft engineer is a long one. engineer route 3 years plus to train, 5 years bond thereafter. technicians 1 year of training. TBH, technicians no need to train. all train at school all return to school when u go to the field. because most of the senior tech dont even follow the manuals. any tom dick n harry can also do the job. u can ask any worker outside or kid to help u also can finished the job. it is what it is.

i dont want to name the company, this particular company im in SI*** only cares about profit, extremely toxic working environment culture. not a single damn is given to workers welfare. pls avoid at all cost. my passion for aviation is diminished bacause of how this company is treating workers.
Ditto on what you've mentioned. In S* its worst off for the engineers, 2.5 years +/- to train, 2 years +/- soe, another 1 to 2 years of waiting for the interviews and company authorisation to become an LAE; there is simply too many engineers and too little technicians out there.

For the people who wanted to join as technicians, be prepared to work with people from everywhere around the world, ph, cn, hk, tw, my, pakistan and etc. You will be suffering with them, but the thing is they can go back their homeland and build big mansions and buy a few car, and as for you, your pay cant even afford a bto or get married. Then you will start comparing with your peers from other industry. Majority of the sgreans technician i know left the industry after a few years, so no point wasting your time. Now the semi-con industry is rising, if you want $ go there, if you want passion, it's your choice; but don't complain and compare afterwards and say that there is no equality.

I don't know how it's like in the current GA and ENG sector so I have no say in it.