Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2021, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

Smile

1 mth in a sb job here... sharing my timeline here: -

14 Feb - applied job advert & closing date was 25 Feb.
>> lost hope as no one contacted me <<
23 Mar - PA contacted via email.
26 Mar - attended the interview session with D, DD, AD & was told to wait for another 2 wks as they were still interviewing other candidates.
9 Apr - Feeling anxious as everything remains radio silence, called PA & asked for the status. Was glad that they were keen to offer me the job & will send my details to HR for futher processing.
13 Apr - Got the contact number of the HR from SGDI. Contacted her & was told to wait for another 2 weeks for reference checking, approval etc.
28 Apr - letter of offer & other forms received. Indicated my desired starting date as 17 May & was told that they will send me an on-boarding details soon.
14 May - Feeling anxious as everything remains radio silence again, called HR & an on-boarding details was sent to me within the same day.

Got to realise that HR & departments were bz during this period with the implementation of several new IT systems. Hence, the job offer took a long time & was forgotten along the way.