Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Treasury role at MNC or Operations at bank?
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2021, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen1 View Post
I have been shortlisted for the second interview of both roles mentioned above and would like to seek some advice in the above roles. For myself, I have been looking out on corporate treasury or risk related roles in banks/finance companies as I have an interest in these area but there are minimal openings available for entry level positions. In this case, which role would be more beneficial to add on to my work experience or to kickstart my career?

Both roles are doing settlements and reconciliation related. For the Treasury role at a MNC, it is not a finance company but rather semiconductor/tech company. The job scope should touch on on cash management as well and working with China counterparts. However, despite being a big company, I'm afraid that there isn't much advancement in the job since it is not a bank/finance company and if I were to consider future treasury roles at a bank, it may not be as relevant. Whereas for the ops role at a bank, it is doing trade settlements for FX and possible advancement includes rotating between roles within the division for transaction related operations role i.e. middle office operations. However, I'm afraid that there isn't any transferable skills and will be stuck in this role forever.

As I have yet to receive any offer, I can't really comment on the salary part but as of what I know, both jobs seem to have pretty long working hours and both requires to work during public holiday. In terms of staff benefits such as annual leave, it seems like bank offers better compensation based on online reviews.
Which bank? BB? Foreign?