Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2021, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After reading many reviews in Glassdoor, I realise every company is a bad company. Apparently, unhappy staff took to Glassdoor to voice their unhappiness against the company. Every company will surely have unhappy staff due to misfit or personality clashes with bosses or colleagues. So I suggest you can read reviews in Glassdoor, but don’t be too overly influenced by all the negative reviews. My father works whole life in DSTA btw. Of course he has his fair share of ups and downs, but he is well compensated for all his hard works.
not to say that your father's experience isn't accurate, but i think it would not be right to dismiss the reviews in general based on one person's experience, especially given the volume of negative reviews which i must say is really unusual even for glassdoor. after all it is a big organisation and your father most likely is not in the departments that are experiencing real mismanagement issues. unhappy staff may be due to misfit/personality clashes, but it can also reveal actual problems in their department, especially if they are systemic.

so, suggest the poster who is lucky enough to have both dsta and lta offers, take the glassdoor reviews with pinch of salt, but don't ignore the negative reviews at the same time. best is if you can actually talk to someone in dsta to get an idea if possible