Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2021, 07:28 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I recently went for my first interview with mindef and they have yet to get back to me on whether I got further shortlisted for the 2nd interview. However, I received a job offer from another agency yesterday. I would prefer to work in mindef, but I understand that mindef's hr processes are very slow. Is there any way that I could ask mindef HR to get back to me on my status for the job application? It hasnt 2 weeks since my interview with them though
If you are more keen to work in Mindef, no harm calling Mindef HR to inquire and ask. Let them know that you have another offer, but more keen on Mindef. Can they expedite? Problem is even if Mindef HR willing to help you proceed to 2nd interview, there is no guarantee you be offered by Mindef and you miss your chance of accepting the agency offer. So depends. If you are in hurry for a job, then accept the first offer. But if no hurry and really very keen on Mindef, then reject. Or you can accept first and hopefully Mindef can offer you before you get to sign the letter of appointment with the first agency. I can suggest all these bcos I am going thru the same dilemma as you. Haha.