Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DBS tech seed programme
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2021, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Default CS used to be a dumping ground. What prestige was there previously before now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi EEE grad, pls do not join Tech Seed or any SWE role for that matter. SWE and other CS jobs are for CS students! How would you feel if CS students take over your low skilled job of replacing blown light bulbs? I know EE students like you are not intellectually superior enough to understand that CS jobs require high level of computing knowledge that the EE syllabus simply does not offer. Pls fk off and not destroy our prestigious reputation!
Was computing prestigious from the start like medicine and law? If it was not for the smartphone and social media going mainstream would computing be as prestigious as it is now? It was a "nice to have" and was a dumping ground up to the late 1990s/early 2000s. I would like to have what you are smoking as I would like to get as high and mighty as you are. Unless you are saying that what you smoke as a CS-trained person is too much for any and all non-CS-trained people's brains to handle.

More prestigious universities must have gotten their sh*t very wrong when they decided to couple EE with CS into a department. Need to maintain the purity of CS. /s