Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 15-06-2021, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Seriously whats this forum's obsession with clarence lun? at least he has the balls to start his own practice. what about you guys?
I'm just going to state that I don't know who Clarence Lun is, but whoever is actively and consistently trying to mock him obviously is an IRL coward at work/life LOL.

I realise a common point for people like the OP is that they are usually jealous (even if they will never admit it) of the person they are mocking, for doing something daring. So they get defensive, because to see a person like Clarence Lun succeed is to show that they have "failed" by taking the safe, "cowardly" route of staying at their firm. They dream of doing the same thing (striking out on their own) but don't dare to. But instead of being happy for people who are trying, they get angry that these others "inferiors" dare to dream big when they themselves have no balls to do so. Generally speaking, people like the OP (1) are jealous and are using such mockery as a coping mechanism (2) wants to see the other party fail so that they can validate their own life choices, instead of trying to improve themselves.

TLDR: Basically, the person wants to remain safe in his mediocrity. Clarence Lun represents a challenge to the established route of making partner in a "big" firm. So the person feels he can only mock Clarence, or his own mediocrity and lack of ambition will bubble to the surface.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app