Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Banking Tech vs Consulting
View Single Post
Old 15-06-2021, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Got to be one of the greatest misconceptions around. Consulting isn’t as exciting as you think of it to be - trust me, most consulting projects these days are more or less the same (tech implementation like moving operations to cloud systems etc). As for banking tech/BO, it can get really interesting. Just look at the tech that is emerging/has emerged in banking - blockchain, emphasis on UI/UX, AI and more. DBS and JPM are great examples of how innovative banks have become (surprise surprise, McKinsey has published a report detailing how digital transformation is most mature in the financial + TMT sectors). You will obtain relevant tech/pm experience that will enable you to hop to not just other FIs, but Fintechs as well.

Whatever it is, just follow your heart OP. Best of luck!
Very insightful. Really dont get what’s with all the ‘glamour’ in consulting. Personally, as long as I love my job and it enables me to live comfortably without sacrificing too much WLB, I’m happy.

Heard of too many stories of how these high-flying jobs in finance/strat consulting led to a deterioration of mental/physical health as well as personal relationships. Not my cup of tea, but too each it’s own.