Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DBS tech seed programme
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Just there for the ride. Bumpy ride just because not from CS? I'll be happy to GTFO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You're from EEE. Even if you managed to sneak through DBS Tech Seed, your colleagues will look down at you and if I'm your manager, I'll find ways to make sure you resign.
I am an EE grad who went for the May 7 TechTrek. Graduating with 2nd lower honours (perhaps not much better than 3rd class, aimed for 2nd upper but it is what it is), had a final year project with heavy emphasis on programming for client and server aspects. Part of the framework used in the project helped with creating the hackathon app, and making requests to and getting responses from the server for the project was of use during the hackathon. Not from CS, but I can say that I do have some programming know-how I can use. I will admit I will have trouble if Big-whatever notation is involved.

I am just there for the ride, and it is 1 year then review for progression to 2nd year, not even a two-year guarantee. If I do get a mentor/manager like that, I'll be glad to just drop it as quickly as possible if the mentor/manager is being this obstructive in what is a programme meant to help build Singapore's tech capability and capacity. Perhaps now with COVID there is less incentive to get overseas staff, hence why this batch has so many based in Singapore. I would like to raise the spectre of an Uptron ACL "grad" somehow managing to get a well-paying job.🤷