Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ha. U apply evidence based medicine u go home eat porridge.
Take eye stye for example. U go gp, it will be lubricating eye drops, antibiotic eye drops and even oral antibiotics. Easily 60 bucks per consult.
The patient then come to me 1 week later complaing why not better, I tell them the treatment is to press your eye with a warm towel 3 times a day. Then they ask me why the gp give so many eye drops not working and u telling me warm towel can liao?

I tell them , to make money la! Tell u warm towel only can charge u 18 bucks Nia. Give u meds can earn more! But the gp should at least tell them some right things..(or maybe the gp himself dunno)

Many fly by night gp out there la. I understand no choice need to make money. But u have pple with mrcs going to setup gp clinic...duh. Some diabetic patient come to me and say they cannot pay for their empoglofozin cos it's 120 dollars per mth. Wah Rao. Haven't give Metformin already go second line, use some brains la, now u permantly lose a patient to polyclinic Liao. We more busy, u less business.
Btw empagliflozin can be first line.
Since 2019, ESC/EASD can be first line for empa for patients with high cv risk.

Sglt2i is critical.

Some of the ops rp not sure whether fm or not.
Seem to by pass sglt2i. Then go straight to sulphonylurea, not good.

Dude that guy so fat already, insulin resistance ++ , su and insulin will worsen the weight.

They shld keep up to date with the literature.