Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Contract from sme
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by evonneadams View Post

-there is no career advancement because the only person i can take over is my boss.
-I'm not ill-treated, just that i signed up to be a marketing coordinator. but im doing dispatch services, courier services, administrative work almost all the time. i did not sign up for that.
-exposure wise, NONE. there's nothing theyre exposing me to.

of course i dont want to be fired cos it's a bad way of getting out of a company.
but the thing is now that im 20 years old. am i still considered a minor to sign a contract? i really do need help in this. ):
Even if you manage to get out of the contract with that <21 years old clause, your next job will not be any better because you have totally unrealistic expectations. The problem is you, not the company.

Think about it, even fresh 25 year old university graduates start off in MNCs doing such basic admin stuff, what exactly were you looking for as a 20 year old market co-ordinator? That somebody is going to start having a strategic marketing discussion on global perspectives with you? When I left NUS many years ago and join a MNC as a supply chain executive, about the only thing I was doing for the first few years is calling all the different parties to arrange meetings, chasing them to pay up, deliver materials and filling in all sorts of customs forms.

The career excuse is even dumber. The contract only 2 years, most people will only get their promotion in 2nd or 3rd year of working, you cannot even wait for 2 years get some exp before switching jobs? So you are looking for someone to promote you ever year?