Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
$10K p/m by 33 is dead average/median for law.

For e.g., my own profile - I consider myself to be right smack in the median in terms of legal career trajectory.

I'm local law grad (guy) in the age range of 30-32, inhouse in non-FI non-tech company. I'm drawing slightly under $10K pm incl. bonus and on track for around $10K by 33.

I didnt train in Big5. Grades were probably just enough for 2nd upper. If you were from local law school, you'd know that the 2nd upper-2nd lower cutoff can be quite opaque.

Most of my close law sch pals are also drawing around the same or even slightly higher as inhouse counsels. We mostly didn't train in Big 4 firms too - midsized and even some started in small-mid ones. None of us cld be considered the super mugger, deans-lister types or on the trajectory for top international firms.

AFAIK, my path in the legal industry is pretty average and by no means exceptional for peer of my PQE.
mind sharing how you landed your in-house role? were the firms that hired most of your peers very picky on the fact that you did not receive your training in big 5?