Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes.

FM is really better trained then gdfm
I'm a gdfm graduate.

Compared to my classmates that went thru mmed, I realize I'm not as good as them for certain things
gfdm fp and m.med fp is different level much as gdfmers dont like to believe.
One is part time course over 2 years with 8 hour lecture per module for 8 module. Only requirement is attendance. Exam is 100 mcq. Clinical is easier with 10 minute station where the sp and the examiner is same person. You don't even have to exhibit real clinical exam skills. U tell them what u want to check , they tell u the clinical findings. This exam test that u can handle 80 percent of office consults

M.med diff ball game lei. You got to pass each of the rotations with regular osces. You die from the variety of rotations. Lots of Procedure to sign off. Courses to attend. Research, audit project requirements. Seniors sit in with u for consults and critise u. Regular clinical competency committee track Ur progress and see whether u can advance or not. It's like sitting for Ur MBBS part 2 in hell mode.

Exam 250 mcq. Standard of mcq is one that the usa use to certify their fp. Clinical is proper sp. Patient have real signs. Cases are complicated. There's more stations and exams take place over 1 month. The exam is designed to make sure u can handle the remaining 15 percent of strange office consults that pop up now and then.
When u finish it, u feel accomplished.

M.med ran for 30 to 40 years and there's like 600 plus of them. Gdfm run for 18 years already got 1200 plus Liao.

U go overseas no such thing as diploma fp one.