Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
From my experience in community law, criminal law is interesting as every case has its own set of unique facts and it feels rewarding when your client receives a lighter custodial sentence or a fine.

However, I dislike contentious divorces with a passion. The legal work itself is alright but clients drain you emotionally. Immeasurable amount of times I nearly lost my temper providing advice to them and reminding them that it is not about "punishing" the other side. Of course, uncontentious divorces are much more pleasant to handle and it's relatively easy money.

I have done PIMA/NIMA cases in my previous firm and that is an area of law I vowed not to be involved again.
So rare to see people talk about PIMA NIMA! One of the forgotten areas of law that nobody in law school thinks they will ever (have the misfortune to) do. Any chance for Defendant-side PIMA NIMA lawyers to move onto bigger things, like high value Gen Insurance and Re-Insurance work? Or do most of them get stuck doing low level motor claims?