Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Appropriate requested salary when applying for job?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwashi View Post
yah
all the hr people i know are very tight lipped about this sort of thing
duno why

my current experience is in the grasscutting industry, but my background is in biology and I'm doing a communication degree now. Jobs I've applied for are at the science center, hpb, singhealth, nhg, nuh, all kinds of health sector positions doing research or science editorial/publications work. I also applied to SPH a few times as I noticed people with similar background working there - eg. bsc in life sciences in 2007, worked in lab a few years, then became senior producer of digital media now, which is quite a jump.

I believe I have more experience in content production work and yet I can't make it look good because this experience was from my previous jobs and not my current one where I've been stuck for 5 years doing nothing close at all.
how many years have you worked in the grasscutting industry? it seems that it's a govt-related industry.

Am I right to say that you are holding a diploma now? If so, I thought that $3800 for your pay and jobscope is rather good, and no wonder the private sector would want to slash your payscale.

Pardon me, but 'grass-cutting' really doesn't impress private sector employers and they are likely to consider you with 'tree-planting', 'flood-maintenance', etc; even though you are doing something noteworthy.

You need to understand that perception to the HR, is reality.

But govt-sector is not so much in terms of discrimination against your job.

Hmm... how many years have you been in your current industry? 5 years?