Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2021, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah agreed.

Although I don't really get why this thread is so focused on Big 4 corp or international level law firms. The Big 4 Corp departments of note (A&G and WongP) both take in like 50+ people collectively each year? If you include the associates who lateral in I would estimate an additional 10+. Then you have the international law firms, which maybe take in 20+ associates per year (which a significant majority poached from the aforementioned Big 4 Corp depts). That's still a significant minority of the lawyers which have been called in any given batch. (These numbers are from a general browsing of Linkedin profiles so corrections and any further impressions are welcome.)

It makes me wonder if this forum is frequented by the same small circle of lawyers from the Big 4 and international firms + students who aspire to such positions.

Or perhaps just a bunch of curious non-lawyers who wanna know the lives of the "high-flyers" of law.

Maybe I am being slightly fatalistic because I am a part of the silent majority just grinding in a small-mid firm.
Just a handful of people in big firms wan king off to their supposed prestige, and the rest are clueless students/trainees joining in the fray & pretending to know whats gg on lah.

U seriously think real, busy, international lawyers have time to jack off on forums talking about what have you Fervent Clarence Lun, KCL sucks, Yale best, NUS sucks, wongP chiobus etc?? Ridiculous

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app