Old 25-05-2021, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah agreed.
Most exit options: US securities, Rule 144A/Reg S type of Capital Markets
Followed by M&A
Then Banking

All others like general corp down the pecking order.
Yeah agreed.

Although I don't really get why this thread is so focused on Big 4 corp or international level law firms. The Big 4 Corp departments of note (A&G and WongP) both take in like 50+ people collectively each year? If you include the associates who lateral in I would estimate an additional 10+. Then you have the international law firms, which maybe take in 20+ associates per year (which a significant majority poached from the aforementioned Big 4 Corp depts). That's still a significant minority of the lawyers which have been called in any given batch. (These numbers are from a general browsing of Linkedin profiles so corrections and any further impressions are welcome.)

It makes me wonder if this forum is frequented by the same small circle of lawyers from the Big 4 and international firms + students who aspire to such positions.

Or perhaps just a bunch of curious non-lawyers who wanna know the lives of the "high-flyers" of law.

Maybe I am being slightly fatalistic because I am a part of the silent majority just grinding in a small-mid firm.