Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 25-05-2021, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

Seriously, what's with all this school bashing and promoting?

No one gives a damn. I find it funny sometimes, especially when you are trolling (so by all means if you are not serious, keep going), but a serious conversation? Come on, trolling is acceptable, serious argument is not.

You come to an anonymous forum to make the argument that X is higher ranked than Y therefore X will likely outperform Y.

I'm sure if you said it without the veil of anonymity you will be buried and then stoned alive by the woke generation. Look at the public umbrage at the umbrage guy. Poor Cambridge general who was just making a point that the journalist shouldn't question SPH's integrity. If you want to express your views to your close friends in the comfort of your living room, fine. But say it publicly and no one will take you seriously.

I don't care about whether school Y or X has more partners or MC lawyers (if that is your definition of success). The fact that people have made it from school Y does not mean you will make it. The fact that you are from school X gives you no entitlement or presumption in favour of your success.

Both ways, you will have to hustle.

You can be from school Y and be an equity partner. You can be from school X and a SA for life.

Please, stop it with the school bashing/promoting. This forum is full of trainees or recent law school graduates who think they are better than everyone else.

I hope the moderator deletes this thread, and the rot that belies it.