Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2021, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi!! It seems like you are really close, I wish you all the best! I was wondering whether you are able to share what the essay test entailed and how should I prepare for it? Also, do you know whether they look out for a specific background? I come from a non social science background (UK uni, engineering) but the role I applied for is related to strategic defence planning and a bit of ops. If you don’t mind sharing, what’s your background? (Local or overseas uni, major) thanks in advance!
Hi, posted a reply yesterday but it's not up, strangely enough. Maybe the post was too long. Anyway if you're applying for strategic defence planning you might want to prepare for questions that deal with SG's immediate security concerns and maybe how we can improve national security.

Also, no, I don't think they look out for specific backgrounds; what matters more is your performance during the interviews, although a relevant academic background may certainly lend you some advantage there. For what it's worth, I'm from local U, majoring in a humanities discipline